There is just something about good quotes to get the wheels spinning, to inspire, to shake us. We believe in the power of leaving your comfort zone on a grand adventure and in the eternal relationships formed along the way. We believe God works in many mysterious ways, but He can especially use our experiences embarking on a journey. To grow us into the men and women He has created us uniquely to be.
- A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. – Tim Cahill
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. – Mary Anne Radmacher
- The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands. – Sir Richard Burton
- The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have. – Anna Quindlen
- Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime. – Mark Twain
- Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Andre Gide
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine
- Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. – Seneca
- People don’t take trips, trips take people. – John Steinbeck.
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey. – Babs Hoffman
- The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends. – Shirley MacLaine
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
- It is not down in any map; true places never are. – Herman Melville
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
- Always do what you are afraid to do. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu
- Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a ride!’ – Hunter S. Thompson
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail… – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints. – John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic (1928)
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart. – Confucious
- A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. – Hunter S. Thompson
- The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see. – G.K. Chesterton
- Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
- Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by. – Robert Frost
StayMarta is a Christian hospitality marketplace connecting travelers with local hosts and various type of accommodations. We are providing safe lodgings with Christian values that travelers can book through our online platform.
Got an accommodation space? Become a host with us. Sign up for free!